FURNITURE of DALTON
CLAIMS and RETURN POLICY
1. Return or cancellation of in-stock merchandise will only be accepted when authorized by the Claims Department. All purchases of in-stock merchandise approved for return or cancellation will be charged a 25% restock/cancellation fee. All return merchandise is subject to inspection, and credit/refunds will be issued only if returned in the original condition.
2. Any product "Sold AS IS" may not be returned and is not warranted by Furniture of Dalton or the manufacturer. These products include, but are not limited to, goods sold as second quality, discontinued or clearance sale items.
3. Custom, special or non-stocking items ordered by a customer may not be cancelled or returned. These types of orders require a non-refundable deposit and the balance must be paid when the merchandise is received by Furniture of Dalton. If the customer refuses to pay for the balance owed, the deposit will be forfeited and the goods sold at the discretion of Furniture of Dalton.
4. Claims liability for Furniture of Dalton in no case shall exceed the actual customer cost of the product in the complaint. Furniture of Dalton will assist our customers in regards to manufacturing defects by acting as an intermediary between our vendor and our customer. However, there will be no participation by Furniture of Dalton for delivery delays, extra handling, etc. outside the amounts covered by the manufacturer’s/distributor's warranty.
5. Claims for manufacturing defects will be filed with the manufacturer/distributor and the manufacturer's/distributor's claims policy and warranty will apply. Furniture of Dalton does not warranty any of the products we sell and assumes no liability for any products with manufacturing defects. We will assist our customer by filing the appropriate claim with the manufacturer/distributor, whose decision is final.
6. Delivery made via an Furniture of Dalton delivery truck should be inspected carefully and the Customer should note any problems with the product or delivery service on Furniture of Dalton’s delivery ticket at the time of delivery. No claims for damage may be made after the customer has signed a clean delivery receipt.
7. Delivery charges are non-refundable. Customer are responsible for making sure that 1) the space is open to receive the new merchandise. 2) the piece(s) will fit the space in their homes. 3) Someone is at home to meet the delivery personnel at the appointed time with the full authority to sign to accept the merchandise and 4) The new piece will be able to fit through doorways to the requested placement of the product. Re-delivery charges will apply on any item(s) where the customer has not met these requirements.
8. Customers that take product with them are responsible to inspect the product fully, as no returns will be accepted on goods picked up by the customer that are later claimed to be damaged. Furniture of Dalton assumes no liability for products that are loaded on a customer’s vehicle. The customer has the responsibility to make sure that their product(s) are secure on their vehicles. All customer pick-ups are FOB Furniture of Dalton’s warehouse.
9. Furniture of Dalton does not recommend nor accept any liability for merchandise that is shipped on a common carrier. Customers that elect to ship their product on a common carrier and the product arrives damaged, should file a claim with the freight line.
10. Claims on delivered products are subject to inspection by a representative of Furniture of Dalton, Certified Independent Inspector and/or a Factory Representative.
11. Furniture of Dalton retains title to any property until the property has been paid for in full.
12. Refunds can only be authorized by the claims department or a manager. Methods of refunds will be determined by the manner in which the customer originally paid Furniture of Dalton. CASH PAYMENTS-refunds will be dispersed by an Furniture of Dalton company check on the next weekday business day. CREDIT CARD – credit must be made back to the original card used by the customer. CHECK (personal or business) – refunds will be by an Furniture of Dalton company check only after Furniture of Dalton’s bank has verified that the original check presented by the customer has been honored and credited to Furniture of Dalton’s account.